You’re a trend-setter and a free spirit. You’ve always done things your own way. And when it comes to choosing a time of year for your wedding, it might be slightly nontraditional to select winter – but it is just your style.
One of the more popular color palettes of the season is ivory and gray. So starting there as inspiration, here are some helpful tips to keep everyone warm and happy, even on a cold winter day.
- Acquire gray and white fur lined boots for the bridesmaids to wear between the ceremony and the venue; or for outdoor photos. Pair dark gray gowns with light gray or white fur lined capes; or an ivory woolen coat that complements the dress.
- A little cold is no excuse to dispense with the romance. A horse drawn carriage – or if snowy enough, a sleigh – is made possible by cozy white and gray down blankets to keep the bride and groom warm as they travel in style.
- Consider portable space heaters to warm walkways, from parking lots to sidewalks if there is not valet parking at the venue.
- Create the warmth immediately; provide a gathering place complete with roaring fireplace, hot white chocolate mocha and silver-gray ornaments, baubles and accents.
- Line interior walkways with large winter branches adorned with white snowflakes and pewter stars. Icicle lights can create a starry or snowy indoor scene.
- The elegance of gray can turn simple place cards and table numbers into works of art; choose an opaque ivory card, embossed with charcoal calligraphy worthy of framing.
Although gray flowers are fairly rare, ivory roses, hydrangeas and spider mums look elegantly frosty when air brushed with a gray tint – the same floral scheme can be used in bridal bouquets, place settings accents, centerpieces and cake details. The gray and ivory perfectly reflect the steely beauty of the winter months, and your winter wedding celebration.
For all your wedding floral arrangements, call Gainan’s. We love proving that winter weddings are as beautiful as any other time of the year and are here to help you create a winter wonderland all your own.